Quiche can be loaded with extra calories from eggs, milk and cheese, not to mention the crust. But this quiche does away with the crust while maintaining the flavor.Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup chopped onions
1½ cups chopped cauliflower
½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
5 large eggs
½ cup low-fat milk, rice milk or soy milk
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish or 9-inch pie pan with olive oil or butter.
- Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk. Remove dish from oven with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown.
- Quiche can be refrigerated in a sealed container for 2 to 3 days.
- Broccoli can be used as a substitute for cauliflower.