Cauliflower No-Crust Quiche Recipe
November 16, 2015 by
Quiche can be loaded with extra calories from eggs, milk and cheese, not to mention the crust. But this quiche does away with the crust while maintaining the flavor.Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup chopped onions
1½ cups chopped cauliflower
½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
5 large eggs
½ cup low-fat milk, rice milk or soy milk
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish or 9-inch pie pan with olive oil or butter.
- Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk. Remove dish from oven with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown.
- Quiche can be refrigerated in a sealed container for 2 to 3 days.
- Broccoli can be used as a substitute for cauliflower.
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!